After the initial shock of being told you have Breast Cancer, you then must look at what treatment options are offered immediately. Treatment usually begins with Chemotherapy, then Radiotherapy, then 5-7 years of Tomoxifin. An arduous road but well worth it especially if you have young children.
The hair loss seems to have been a topic I was quick to broach and move on from. But funny thing, the Doctor’s all seemed to be more concerned about my hair loss than I did. I mean, I’m the one getting through the initial shock of how to survive this all, does hair really matter at this point? So if Chemotherapy is the initial cancer treatment, then best get a sense of humour on quick!
I have found through out this entire process, you make what you can of this journey, and at the end of the day, remember, it does grow back, so it’s time to have fun with it!
AND I have always wanted to write one of these and I think now is an appropriate time, so here goes…
This is my Top 10 Reason’s It’s Good To Be Bald!
10) No chance of dandruff and split ends
9) Expensive shampoos, unnecessary hair products and those cover-up the gray dye-jobs every 6 weeks are put at bay! Think of all the money you’re saving!
8) I have always wanted to see and experience the natural shape of my head and I am gorgeous!
7) No need for collagen injections, by default, your lips become the biggest thing on your face!
6) All shades of lipsticks are now allowed at any time – no fighting with your Seasonal Colour Analyst! She’s outy!
5) You always look serious and like you have something very important to say!
4) Your face always looks thinner and you look 10 years younger!
3) Your facials don’t just stop at your forehead!
2) It’s time to become a “Greeny”, save on electricity and water with shorter showers and no hair drying!
1) And at the end of the day, everyone wants a picture with you!